I can post about this now, as the hand-over was in Cape Town yesterday. Sally-Jane (also known as Pinky, due to her hair colour) and I are members of the Nurturing Fibres group run by Carle, who is a very talented spinner, dyer and purveyor of stunning yarn. Pinky and Yme are getting married in a few days, and we have all been knitting/crocheting squares for a blanket for them. Yme's sister, Natasha, who tragically died aged 27 recently was instrumental in organising this, so it is a project filled with love and emotion. Each family member was attributed a colour, and squares were made to represent them. Here are my contributions, plus a few of the handover.
I wish I could have been there for the handover, but photos from NF group members made us far-flung contributors feel part of the day.
What a lovely wedding present.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful present and thing to be a part of!
ReplyDelete