Sunday, 17 February 2013

Mr Knightley's Diary - Amanda Grange - for ARC

I have read Emma by Jane Austen every year or so since I was 10 or 11. I love the book, and find Jane Austen's wit and observations do not date. The sister of an old friend suggested that I may find Mr Knightley's Diary amusing, so it was my first book for the Artful Readers Club.



I have been creating a scrapbook page, and found the paper doll of Mr Knightley. It is probably inappropriate that I find undressing a paper Mr Knightley fun, but enough said about that. I do enjoy being Knightley's girl, and love the necklace also in the photo. Sadly, he could not be persuaded to be photographed for this post, he may be suffering from a self-inflicted virus*.


The book was well-written, by someone who clearly loves Jane Austen, and re-quotes some of the most wonderful parts of Emma. It is difficult to say much else about it, but if you are an Austen fan, it is worth a read!


* hangover!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.