My niece, Lauren got confirmed. It was a really lovely day, and she was so happy to have lots of family and friends around her for this momentous occasion.
Several trips to visit family 'up north' were made in November and December, and I relished the space and big skies these trips gave me, and the sense of peace and strength I gained from being at the sea cannot be beaten.
Not to be outdone, Sam asked for a trip to Starbucks...
Catherine and the crafty ladies have kept me going this last year, and here are a couple of Christmas cards made at one of the fun evenings at Catherines.
I had a lovely gift of new shoes and a sparkly bag from my friend, J. These went with my vintage dress (thanks, granny) for the work Christmas do. This was a bonkers weekend, as J&I were in Hay-on-Wye for the Winter book festival, and meant lots of driving.
I love Hay-on-Wye, and got some of my Christmas gifts and enjoyed intelligent conversation and literary discussion, and felt better than I had in ages.
I resolved to get back to being as positive as I could manage. Some days are easier than others.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.