In September I had a trip to Prague. Lots of recommendations from folks, and a really good deal on airfare/accommodation meant I finally booked it and I was really overdue a break. The weather was really good, warmer than the UK, and I walked so far everyday that the 70+ stone spiral staircase steps to the apartment nearly finished me off each night!
The architecture is incredibly beautiful, and it is a clean and friendly place to visit. I will certainly return soon.
I spent the latter half of September counting down the days until October as my best friend, Catherine and her girls, Erica and Freya, were over from Wollongong, NSW for a visit - I miss them so very much.
We had a crazy schedule of things to do when we met up in London - starting for me catching a train at before six in the morning...
Three days was never going to be long enough for all the things we wanted to do, but some of the things we managed to fit in were a trip to Hamleys (with fantastic Lego on the top floor), a visit to Choccywockydoodah (cakes to swoon over), The Globe, Tate Modern (made easier by a Tate Trumps cool iPhone app), walking tours of some of our old haunts when C&I lived in London, shopping, chatting, lunch with a crowd of old chums (including partners and children), Covent Garden, Piccadilly Circus at night, Egyptology floor of the British Museum, a visit to meet Tash at Loop (yarn ahoy!) and sadly a trip to the airport to put the three gorgeous girls back on the plane to Oz.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.