Still applying for all sorts of unsuitable jobs, after all I have bills to pay and we need to eat. Six weeks with only a few days of temping does not a healthy bank balance make. Car tax and MOT due too - aaaaargh!
A lovely two weeks with Mr N, and he was not keen to leave. So must be doing something right. We had some sunshine last week, and got out and about to make the most of it. Probably a good thing as it has rained all weekend, and the weather forecast for next week is more rain. Luckily can entertain indoors, and small people seem to be happy with colouring, painting and a glue stick, so unpaid childminding duties for my sister-in-law has not been too bad, but it would be pleasant if she could remember to say thanks when I have looked after her offspring for 9+ hours and run them to school/nursery and fed them.
I have been knitting like a mad thing on Kathie's Tardis socks - 20 hours of knitting so far, and half a sock to go. The first sock was fondled by the Doctor (Mr Tenant) who visited some friends of Mr N, whom we were having lunch with, after finishing filming in Wales last weekend. I am afraid I was lost for words, and gabbled like a loon. He was seriously impressed with the skill and said I was cool. I was blushing and Mr N was laughing at how flustered I was. Both chaps apologised for making me blush.
Monday was a fabulous day at Manley Mere with the Guides. It was really hot and the girls were great and it took only a matter of minutes before someone went into the mud up to their chest and the fun on the adventure trail began...
Went to Helen's card class this week, and made lovely cards, with the SU Henry says stamp set. Finished the box at home...
That is about all for now - need to finish planning tomorrow nights Guide meeting...
Still can't get over your tennant moment! And those socks are wonderful! Love ya.
ReplyDeleteC x x
Oh to be a foot within that sock that touched that hand!
ReplyDeleteOh...wait a minute! I will!!
(I will get something posted on here eventually)
You are a star! (hugs) xx
wow great socks and to meet the Dr. aswell.. I am jealous.
ReplyDeleteI see you linked up on my reading/art challenge, are you joining in? I can't seem to find a book review/inspired art on your blog anywhere? if you are joining in can you let us know where to find your review please. x