When my brain came off pause and back to play, albeit in slow motion, I called him and he confirmed he was alive and very much well. We both took deep breaths and talked for four hours about how we are supposed to deal with this type of press intrusion and absolutely vile news.
I appreciate they want to sell copies of the rag, get visitors to site etc., but they must be thicker skinned than most to not consider feelings of supposed deceased and their loved ones. I am inwardly still freaking out about this, but am trying to look as if I am calm and have it together. Mr N is seriously fed up with this, and is trying his utmost to help me work through this.
A dear friend has recently lost her little boy at only a couple of weeks old. All the family are reeling and trying to deal with the pain and carry on in whatever way they can. It is a pain that you never really recover from, but a group of us are making her a quilt to show our love and help her live through the dark days that follow and show her the light that her little star will always give her, despite his short life.
However, I had a lovely evening out at the cinema with Kathie on Thursday, to see the National Theatre screening of 'This House'. It was splendid - far more humorous than we expected, and brilliantly acted.
I gave Kathie her Tardis socks, which were well received. Phew! It is always a nerve-racking moment - over 24 hours knitting time, over 25000 stitches in an average adult pair of socks, and .... breathe!
I was gifted some pretty yarn by the lovely Diane, last weekend, and have transformed two balls into scarves - woolly hugs for Maggie and Diane!
My current socks-in-progress!
Thanks, Helen. Much needed.
ReplyDeleteKathie did squeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I think she liked them :-)