Saturday, 16 March 2013

Out and about

The planned trip to Cambridge did not happen this weekend as Kate and her family have the vomiting bug that seems to be laying everyone low, and I am keen to avoid that dubious pleasure again.

As we were up early, a trip to Port Sunlight and the Lady Lever Art Gallery seemed in order. I know it looks better in the summer, but when you feel like looking at some Pre-Raphelite art, it is a good place to go.




The Black Brunswicker - Millais


The Tree of Forgiveness - Burne Jones


The Beguiling of Merlin - Burne Jones


The famous Bubbles picture (which I am not keen on!)


Stunning ceiling/window dome - inspiration for a quilt block...



The worst part of the visit was the tea in the tea-shop. They have their own blend, and really should warn folks it contains Lapsang as it was like tasting tea with cigarette ash in it. I had to take it back and got peppermint tea instead.

A quick detour was made on the way back to Cheshire Oaks for birthday gifts for a couple of friends, and I am ready for a power nap now!


1 comment:

  1. I like going to the Lady Lever Gallery.I love the Pre Raphaelites.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.