Saturday, 30 March 2013

Busy week - now relaxing!

The last week seems to have consisted of large blocks of concentrating on work with a tight deadline, knitting to a tight deadline, and then a well-deserved rest in Venice with an Italian-speaking chap who is looking after me well.

I have finished my current work contract and am currently looking for a new adventure, but have put that on hold for a week to enjoy the faded glory of Venezia!

Before we left, I finished this scarf for Mum as she wanted to wear it to a wedding yesterday. It was hard to give this away, as the yarn is stunning. It took around 20 hours to knit, but it was close getting it finished in time.  The colours are more true to life in the second photograph.



The Venice trip is for fun, and have been drinking great coffee in Florians, eating gelato, walking, talking, shopping for yarn, marbled paper and books, doing a walking tour of architectural interest, having breath taken away in S. Marco, loving the Guggenheim collection, trying (and failing) to avoid the rain showers, and still have lots planned.





2 comments:

  1. I am still trying to work out whether you are the lady I sat with at Andy's woolfest in Mickle trafford last year.I had a cup of coffee and you were knitting socks.Am I right or am I plain silly??!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.