I have a dear friend who lives in Liverpool, who sent me a link to a tweet she had seen earlier this week, from a yarn store looking for folks to review one of their new yarns.
I logged onto www.xenaknits.com and registered my interest. A very short while later, Tracey responded and we chatted via email about the yarn, blogging and knitting. Isn't is great how crafter bond so quickly over their love of fine materials to work with?
This morning I received shade cards for the cotton and cotton-based yarn available from Xena Knits, and two big hanks of the Figgi Yarns Chic Cotton. It is 100% cotton, has a lovely texture and is beautifully soft, so I expect it will not be harsh on my hands as I am working with it as some commercial cottons can be. The Natural is undyed and would be fun to dye yourself, but I envisage this being knitted up in stripes along with the Stone Heart colourway into a baby garment. Cotton is great for baby clothes, and this will be lovely next to delicate skin.
There is a really generous 230m per 130g hank. I am really looking forward to getting started with this.
However, I MUST finish the second sock I am working on first, and sew up the teeny tiny giraffe...
I will let you know how I get on.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.