Bullet Points for speed? Yup!
- Been salsa dancing again with the same lovely man (an old friend whom I adore) - much laughter, and got nearly thrown out for not taking it seriously, and we were both stone cold sober!
- Moved house (I guess that could allow for some of the lack of posting). Almost unpacked - far from organised!
- Taken big steps to move on from some very painful things in my past and put those to rest with some difficult meetings/conversations but with great outcomes.
- Discovered I am adored by a lovely, sweet, Godly, prayerful man, who I have known half my life, whom I adore too. Got baptised, which he watched via Skype when he was out in NZ watching the rugby World Cup!
- Taken on some new work and life challenges, which are keeping me seriously busy.
- Been to an amazing Youthwork conference and got inspired. Been on a weekend to North Wales with kids from Church and got concussion...
- Said farewell to some loved ones, but celebrated their lives.
- Made some new friends, who are keeping me together when I feel stretched to the limit. I am so thankful for my amazing support network.
- Planning a getaway to celebrate the new chapter in my life. I could use some Cape sunshine right now...
- Have actually managed a bit of crafting - see below. Apologies for photo-laden post, but it has been a while!
These are destined for a friend for Christmas.
Did you even notice the knitting? My first hexipuff for a quilt...
A few more - about 500 to go
For lovely, Miss C who has gone to live and work in Rome.
An evening with Mum!
Yet another Clapotis scarf in progress - love 'em!
My own design socks, for a Christmas gift.
Beautiful Jess had a 'Breakfast at Tiffany's' 21st Party.
Mum's birthday card. Sweetpeas are her favourite flowers.
A Baptism card for lovely Keeley.
A start on the Christmas cards...
My first spotty pooch, Hamish. xx
Matt's Yoda hat - he is 30-something!
Loved this Knitting Goddess yarn so much I could not bear to part with these socks once I had finished them, so they are mine, all mine!
Fun with Helen at craft class!
Happy Birthday Helen!
Happy Birthday Max!
Thanks for sticking with me to the end of a long post! xoxo
Brilliant to have you back in the blogging world but I have a couple of questions/statements. I'll stick with list form to weld nicely with your entry:
ReplyDelete1) What is a Clapotis scarf?
2) Photo 2 shows me a completely different side to you!
3)A friend of mine has a sweetpea which is still growing!
4)Your card for Helen is gorgeous
5)A very clever ending to your post
6)Take care and have a good weekend
A clapotis scarf is a French-designed scarf with some clever knitted shaping and lots of dropped stitches (which are scary to do as it is normally what you don't want to happen with knitting!) and it drapes in a very chic manner. Lovely to wear, and I will aim to have this one finished next time we meet up.
ReplyDelete