There are 4 groups, so make sure you check them all out!
I have been playing with things from the Mini and the 'in colour' collection.
Apologies for the poor photos but it is so grey and miserable here today... perfect crafting/blog hopping weather though!
This is using the Flower Daisies 2 die, and some of the Blushing Bride DSP, which is fab paper as it is pretty sturdy and double-sided so you can mix and match your looks for your daisies. The daisy die cuts using the Big Shot, and is super quick and easy. The daisies have a wee circle in the middle, which pops out, that I used to cover a brad to fasten them together and tie it all together colourwise.
The background used the Big Shot again, but with the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder. I adore the embossing folders, and use them all the time. I used a clever method of transforming whisper white card stock into something striking in a matter of seconds. Each embossing folder has one side which is smoother or less indendented than the other, and I inked up this side with my Blushing Bride ink pad (you can do this with a brayer too) and put the card in and ran it through the Big Shot. The ink coloured the card and the folder embossed the dots at the same time, and made an amazing toning and textured background for my daisy.
This next card uses the perfect polka dots embossing folder again, in conjunction with one of the most stunning embossing folders I own. This is Manhattan Flower, which I adore, and use as much as I can as it is fabulous! This uses Peach Parfait as the colour theme, another in-colour, which I feel gets overlooked a bit, but I think it looks rather lovely here. I used the inking the embossing folder method again, and it is easier to see how the detailing tends to stay white when you do this. I trimmed round the outline to allow the dotty background to show, and this gives the opportunity to add a sentiment in the top right-hand corner if you want to at a later date. How stunning is that flower?
If I was pushed to choose, I would say I use my larger stamps more than smaller ones, but these Itty Bitty Bits are really versatile! Trying to show just how tiny they are was a bit of a challenge; here is Block B which is 4.1 cm by 4.9 cm with one in place, and below is the card I made using three of these at once on this block to create a background.
This is in Poppy Parade a lovely in-colour. The background was super-speedy to create with these tiny stamps and an ink pad, and using the in-colour pens I could use multiple colours for a background easily. (Planning the next project already!) Daisies die, Big Shot and in-colour Designer Series Paper made this a breeze to put together.
An ideas what this Pear Pizzaz die cut shape turns into?
The sweetest mini milk carton! I am buzzing with ideas of how to use this little gift box, so off to decorate it now. More later. Leave a comment if you would like to.
Now ILWS Blog Hoppers have probably arrived from:
* http://helending.blogspot.com
Have a lovely day full of crafty goodness!
Love what you did with the inking the folder. Well done you for posting properly- ahem, someone forgot and wrecked the chain somewhat!! Hope you're doing ok xx
ReplyDeleteLove the card Mara! The inking in the embossing folder is one of the techniques we are doing at class this month :)
ReplyDeleteLove what you did with the itty bitty bits! Haven't even opened mine yet.