I am working again, and although I don't feel it is my dream job, I am going to give it a whirl. Not enjoying the floundering as am kinda in the deep end but will cope.
I have been out couple of times this week, which has been great. Firstly to the craft group run by the fabulous Helen (waves to Helen) and made some fun stuff this week, and stepped outside my comfort zone by being let loose with bleach on card...
The 'chrome' bits of the motorbike were painted with bleach, after the image had been Versamark embossed so the image was raised and the bleach was less likely to bleed all over the card. I am pretty pleased with my effort, as I am not usually safe around bleach, however careful I try to be, I seem to get some on my clothes. It was good to do a masculine card for a change too, as they can be a challenge!!
We also made this cute 3-D train carriage type project using the awesome Top Note die and inked embossing folders to get the most yummy textured card. Helen suggested we could use these for Easter gifts, but I am keeping mine - too cute!
Our final project was this lovely card, where we got to play with embossing power and several layers later we cracked the embellishment to give it a vintage look - so much fun.
Secondly, I went out to see the amazing Karine Polwart - if you haven't heard of her, she is a great Scottish folk singer, who is nearly at the end of this tour, but is going to be touring in November again. She sang a cover of a Blue Nile song, which took me straight back to 1984, and I have been singing it ever since.
http://www.karinepolwart.com/ We even sang Happy Birthday to her Mum down the phone, which was fun.
I have a busy day today as it my gorgeous niece Lauren's 10th Birthday party. How did she get to be so grown-up so soon?
Here's a quick peak at her birthday card, made using 'Kimono Kids' stamp set, and the greeting from 'Party this way', and more In Colour Blushing Bride card and DSP. I enjoyed the colouring in...
Love the Kimono kids card - very cute!
ReplyDelete