Sunday, 27 March 2011

Birthday Bliss and knitting labels


I had great fun making this card, and made use of all sorts from my craft room. The background card is not Stampin' Up as I could not find my Tempting Turquoise card, so had to improvise, but everything else is SU. First layer is Baja Breeze stamped with the big motif from the Bliss set in Baja Breeze; second layer is Crumb Cake stamped with big motif from Bliss set again in Early Espresso, then flower from Bliss set in Baja Breeze and butterfly from same set in Tempting Turquoise. I then inked the edges in Early Espresso, and ran the square through the Sizzix Big Shot using the dots embossing folder; the third layer is Whisper White card Scallop Circle cut with the Big Shot, stamped with the big motif again in Early Espresso, and layered up with a Tempting Turquoise Butterfly, and a birthday greeting from the So Happy For you set. I added a scalloped border punch detail, and some Tempting Turquoise ribbon, and a couple of pearls to the butterfly.

I have made a similar Mothering Sunday card for Mum too, as I liked how this had turned out!


I made these in super speedy fashion with my Big Shot, scalloped tag dies, and the lovely SU Knit stamps Catherine sent me from Oz for Christmas, and popped them in a card for a fellow Knitting Goddess on the Isle of Wight. She really liked them, and hey, what's not to like!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.