Wednesday, 2 July 2014

I have been reading. A lot.

I have read 20+ books in the last three months and been listening to audio books too. Plus there has been work, craft and family stuff. Some sleep. Not enough, but it helps with reading the precarious pile of books at the side of the bed, on the table next to my favourite chair, piled up next to the bookcases as there is no more room on the shelves. You get the idea.

I got around to reading Robert Gailbraith (JKR) The Cuckoo's Calling just before The Silkworm was released. Read some more Jasper Fforde - Lost in a Good Book (which is always a good idea). Then I read Wake by Anna Hope. In fact, I read it twice, as I was so bereft when I finished it, I had to read it again. It will be easier for me to list a few of the others that I would recommend:

Frog Music - Emma Donaghue
The Land of Decoration - Grace McCleen
Stoner - John Williams
The Lives of Stella Bain - Anita Shreeve
One Plus One - Jojo Moyes
The Fault in Our Stars - John Green
Hothouse Flower - Lucinda Riley
The Secret Keeper - Kate Morton
and The Mistletoe Bird by Kate Mosse.

Having read The Fault in Our Stars, I am off discover some more Young Adult fiction. The genre has developed well since my book selling days, and I can now happily take my teenage niece to see the film.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.